With its romantic hotels and luxury resorts, the Maldives is world-renowned for romance and as a top honeymoon destination, it’s the definitive place to go for a romantic getaway. Veligandu Island Resort & Spa is a small but beautiful island where the white sand and sparkling ocean provide the perfect backdrop for romance in paradise.
The opportunities for romance at Veligandu are endless and include everything from intimate candlelight dinners on the beach to a cocktail with your loved one while watching the setting sun light up the evening sky. If you’re looking for inspiration on how to surprise your loved one here is a snapshot of how your romantic escape could look:
- Start the day with a champagne breakfast in the comfort of your villa. Enjoy the view of the Indian Ocean while you feast on a scrumptious continental breakfast accompanied by a half bottle of perfectly chilled Moet & Chandon Champagne.
- Wander hand in hand to the spa and indulge in a Him & Her Herbal Oil Balinese Body Massage in a candlelit room followed by champagne as the finishing luxurious touch to this treatment.
- Book a special spot from where to appreciate the spectacular Maldivian sunset, Veligandu’s ‘Bubbly Sunset Love Bed on the Beach’ experience is guaranteed to melt your loved one’s heart. Sip champagne and enjoy the delicious homemade canapés while Mother Nature transforms day to night.
- For the quintessential finale, a candlelight dinner on the beach is an absolute must. With your feet in the sand, exquisite food on the table and your eyes on each other, it’s an evening to remember. Choose from a Private BBQ, a Veli Dinner where your table and chairs are made from the soft white sand, a Bubbles and Lobster Beach Dinner or Madivaru Sunset Dinner – whichever choice you make, it will be a night to remember.
- Want to take romance to the next level? What could be more romantic than renewing your wedding vows? There is no better place to reaffirm your love than at this island paradise.
It’s always romantic at Veligandu Island Resort & Spa so don’t worry if your escape is not in February, the romance never ends and the above experiences are available throughout the year!