Veligandu is secluded and intimate, with a pristine beach that’s the perfect location for private waterfront dinners. Aside from the buffet restaurant, Veligandu has a la carte restaurant, Madivaru.
Facts for foodies;
• Madivaru means ‘island’ in Dhivehi. The restaurant is set at a strategic location on the island, fringed by lush vegetation blended in with manicured gardens and surrounded by the pristine beach.
• Guests have the option of dining indoors, alfresco or on the beach to enjoy a more intimate holiday rendezvous.
• The chefs pay homage to the tropical surroundings, crafting dishes that are perfectly balanced, light and unique.
• Imaginatively, the chefs fuse western cooking techniques with Asian ingredients to put together food that is as memorable as it is delicious. Must-try dishes include Asian infused Lobster Bisque, Lobster Tempura and Asparagus Salad, Grilled Chicken Salad on Crispy Indonesian Crackers, Rare-cooked Angus Beef with Masaman Risotto and Wok Fried Noodles with Seafood, Capers and Italian Basil.
• The menu features lots of fresh sea-food ethically sourced, such as the famous Maldivian Lobster and Sashimi.
• Guests can wash down their meals with selections from the wine list that is chock-full of excellent wines.
Reservations can be made up to 2 hours prior to opening, perfect for those impromptu moments of fancy. Bon Appétit.
Voted as the TripAdvisor 2019 Traveller’s Choice Number 1 Resort for romance in the Maldives, Veligandu is a natural choice for couples seeking to immerse in the beauty of the Maldives.
Last-minute and 2021 travel deals. See All Offers »
Living in the ‘new normal’ - Have A Safe Holiday Experience In Veligandu
Your questions answered before you travel | Facilitating PCR Testing at Resort | Travel Flexibility & Cancellation Policy Update
Guest reviews - holidaying in the new normal
We continue to allow for maximum flexibility given these unique circumstances. Book now to your convenience with the freedom of FREE Cancellation on Room Rate for cancellation received 3 days prior to arrival.